Spring Term 2 2018
Our new quest this half term is:
How can chocolate help
us explore the world?
Spring Term 1 2018
Our Quest this half term is:
This half-term brings a new research question;
‘How can we celebrate life in India?’
It offers the children a good opportunity to become excellent researchers and independent enquirers as we try to find out about a very different part of the world. We are lucky to have a great collection of resources that staff members have brought back from study visits to India as well as the Sahi family who will give us first-hand knowledge of what it is really like to live in India!
Welcome back after October Half Term!
I hope everyone had a good rest. I am very excited to be back after maternity leave and will be joining Mrs Bushill, teaching Campion on Thursdays and Fridays. Please feel free to come and say hello to me, I am looking forward to getting to know all the children in Campion! Mrs Vidler
Spiced Apple Chutney
225g onions, chopped
900g apples cored and chopped
110g sultanas, raisins or chopped dates
15g ground coriander
15g mixed spice
340g granulated sugar
425ml malt vinegar
1. Put all the ingredients into a preserving pan. Slowly bring to the boil
until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Simmer for 1½-2 hours, stirring from time to time to stop the chutney sticking to the pan.
3. When it is very thick the chutney is ready.
4. Put into jars, seal and cool.
5. Store in a cool, dark cupboard for two to three months before eating.